Monday, October 25, 2010

Sing, Sing a Song (Don't worry that it's not good enough for anyone else to hear)

I spent this evening at choir practice.

There is nothing unusual about that statement.  Except for the fact that it is coming from me, for I am, you see, an unusually bad singer.

As my family and close friends (and, of course, former music teachers) would readily confirm, I can neither carry a tune nor keep a rhythm.  Seriously, I can't sing and clap at the same time because for me to have any hope of clapping to the beat, I have to focus all my concentration on it and watch those around me.

But, I love music, and I enjoy singing. And so, given the opportunity to try out a low-key singing group where I wouldn't have do any solo voice testing, I threw inhibition to the wind and went for it.

And it was fun.  Plus, tonight, in addition to the ever-so-disturbing and stalkerish "Every Breath You Take," we also sang "Seasons of Love" - I'm sold.

Sorry, ESG International Chor - you are now doomed to be one voice worse.  You had me at "five hundred twenty-five thousand six hundred minutes."

No comments:

Post a Comment