Monday, August 23, 2010

Why there is reason to rejoice

Today I was at the post office to mail a package for a co-worker. She had already put several stamps on it, but I had to have it weighed to see if the postage was enough. The postage was in fact 20 cents short. I didn't have any money - just our company's charge card - along, and the disgruntled postal worker did not look kindly on the idea of going through the hassle of the card just for 20 cents of postage. 

But then, Kindness appeared in the form of the lady at the next counter who tossed a 20-cent coin on my counter. No-longer-quite-as-disgruntled postal worker lady took the money, and I returned to work, smiling the whole way.

This little moment made my day. 20 cents is practically nothing, but reminders of people's inherent goodness are worth all the money in the world.  Many thanks, meine Dame!

No comments:

Post a Comment