Friday, December 3, 2010

TGIF

'Clubbin' leggings that double as long-johns.  Having enough money that I can splurge on a bus ticket instead of battling through the snow with my bike.  Having a flexible enough job that it doesn't matter when my bus comes 20 minutes late.  Brötchen for breakfast.  Escaping from my desk to chop vegetables.  The delivery man who hauled 10 pizzas up 4 flights of stairs.  The distinctly American feel of stuffing my face with far too much pizza.  Dancing my way back from the post office with some help from Train and Tracey Chapman.  The pleasant surprise of a concert in the middle of the subway station.  Friendly strangers willing to offer me directions.  Free gospel concert.  Singing 'Go Tell It on a Mountain' with a church full of Germans.  The mix of gospel and Christmas music.  The people and work of Brot & Rosen.  Hearing the cheers and chants from the soccer stadium as I walk home.  Having a warm apartment to come home to.

No comments:

Post a Comment